Saturday, May 1, 2010

Gates

To most people rolled metal hanging on a hinge is no big deal but to me, our new gate means life will be a little easier.  It means that I can move the cows from one pasture to another without the ordeal of closing the front gate and not knowing which direction they'll decide to go!

I tried to catch some cool shots today and Jason's comment, as I was lying in the grass was, "Ok Ansel Adams, I need your help up here".  The little ladybug and I had a successful photo shoot before I was interrupted though.


When we were done with the gate, I took a small nap then got to work weeding in the garden.  Here is a before picture... Hopefully I'll have an after picture for you tomorrow.  We'll see, it's amazing how long things take to complete.


It was kind of cool too, one of my little blue hens came over to check things out while I was weeding. I could lie and say she was keeping me company, but anytime I raised my hand to throw out a weed, she decided to run off so I'm sure she was just busy eating weed seeds for me.  That was appreciated too though. Munch on my little hen, munch on!


I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Haha. Jason has got some quick witt! Love the lady bug photo. When will you be getting new cows? Do you have some already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting them this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I come live with you? Please?? :)

    ReplyDelete