Sunday, May 23, 2010

Interesting Finds

Like I said, we have a lot of interesting finds around here.  I was planting the blueberry bushes today,


 and check out the tree root I came across.  I thought it was just a piece of wood that got buried, but it ended up being a huge tree root.  The interesting thing is that it was just this piece.  I don't know how long it's been since there was a tree in that area.

On a great note, though, we go the 12 tomato plants I purchased yesterday planted, and an artichoke.

 We also got all of the blueberries planted and Kelly planted 3 rows of carrots.
 Jason finished lining the inside of one of the planter boxes and leveling it.  Now he just has to get cinder blocks to make the leveling permanent and then tomorrow I can line the inside with plastic and we cal fill it!  :)

It felt so amazing to get so much done today.  It rained off and on all day, but we took cover in the barn and inside from time to time as we needed it.  I didn't get anything done on the pumpkin patch, it was just too wet!

Here is our first little strawberry of the season.  Isn't it sweet!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment