Saturday, May 22, 2010

Interesting Finds


I started off the day delivering flowers for a wedding.  It was in Hood River, so I didn't get to hand the flowers to the bride like usual.  I delivered them to the bride's future mother in law who delivered them to Hood River.  There's nothing like the relief of delivering that precious cargo then driving off without a care.  On the way to the location I'm stopping as gently as I can, taking corners at 30 mi an hour, sometimes 20.  And then, when they're delivered I can zoom off and breathe easy.  Ahhh!  I am still anxious to hear what the bride thought though.

Also on the agenda today, was planting pumpkins.  It's amazing the things we find in our fields.  My neighbor tilled up the pumpkin patch and amid the rain showers Alyse and I we went through picking up rocks and the various other items that had been uncovered.     Today it was a legos toy and I think what they called a "shooter" a big marble.
 I found them very interesting though.  I was really excited about the marble.  It just reminded me of the history of this property before us and the kids that have played here.  You know what I mean?  I feel very fortunate to have found it, what with going through the rototiller and all.. That and a ketchup bottle  and several shards of random glass.

We planted a couple rows of pumpkins today too.  It was quite discouraging but we hung in there, despite the soggy ground and got two rows planted (about 36 plants).  Only 200 more to go!  :)
Before the dig was conducted I made cupcakes for my friend Rachael's birthday party.  They turned out pretty yummy.  It was Lew Boyd's chocolate cake.  A recipe from my favorite author, Jan Karon.  I was impressed; even if I do say so myself.  I don't bake from scratch very often, but when I do, it certainly pays off!

No comments:

Post a Comment