Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Rain

Today was one of those days when the pressure is so great it feels like someone is standing on your chest.  I guess the entire last week was like that if I stop to think about it. There are just never enough hours in the day and work always seems to take up two too many.   Then I went to feed the chickens and pull a few weeds.  It's amazing how quickly the stress can just melt away. When I got done,  I stood for a while facing the sky with the heavy rain drops falling on my face, breathing in the clean air.  I know I've complained about the rain lately... (there's just so much of it), but it was so refreshing, it just helped to wash away the stress with every drop.  I know jobs are necessary, and responsibility is a good thing, but there's nothing like the childlike act of playing in the rain to bring everything back into perspective.  I hope you enjoy the rain too.  Oh and if I post sometime in the future how sick I am of the rain, just remind me of this post.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you took the time to do something for yourself, even if it was pulling weeds. Getting to do the things you want to do, even if it's just for a little bit, has an amazing restorative effect. Also, Ry said today he would like to come to your house to gather eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing... how much we let ourselves drain down before we do something about it? Ry has an amazing restorative effect on me! :) I'm so happy that he thinks of our place with such fond memories! I really can't wait to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete