Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunny Sunday

Today was wonderful!  Jason's mom and dad came up to help me get some work done around the property.  Jason is still suffering from gout, so we called in reinforcements.  Dad has experience with fencing too, so he's just the right person to help.  Mandy was even there as a spectator.

We got a lot of stuff done!   He gave me some advice on a couple of projects I've been wondering about then we got to work.  We got the fencing for the new NE pasture done.  We found out that gate opening is too small, so we'll need to go get a new gate, but we've got the wiring done.  AND, we got the gate to the neighbor's house put in.  I'm so excited about that!  We had wanted to have easier access to the neighbors and also easier access for their goats to get to the back pasture.  There are a ton of blackberries back there and I think they'll be great at getting those under control before they take off again like they did last year.  We worked so hard to clear them out, it's discouraging having them all come back!  I'm just not willing to go the chemical route.

Dad and I had fun working together.  He always loves to give me a hard time about, well, just about anything.


    Oh well, at least he knows I'm willing to work hard.  I even got a picture of mom swinging a hammer!


We had a nice lunch break and I made my friend Jeanne's sun dried tomato and basil pesto pasta.  They loved it! Then for dinner I made Jason and I homemade pizza.  I wish I could say I made the pizza dough... someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment