Sunday, March 21, 2010

Another Perfect Day

There was a rare sighting of the house cleaning bug in the Chase home today.  Even my husband acknowledged it by asking "what made this side of you come out?"  While I enjoy a clean house as much as the next person, it's well known that I'd much rather be outside weeding, turning the compost pile with the tractor or even cleaning the chicken coop than my own house.  But there was company coming for dinner,  and it was raining out, so-what better opportunity to clean? I woke up this morning and decided to take some time and relax before Jason woke up-just reading, jotting notes on the calendar and finding new blogs to follow.  It's a rare treat for me- sitting down- and I totally enjoyed it.  I found a blog you should check out... inmykitchengarden.blogspot.com it's fabulous!

So, tonight we had wonderful grass-fed  beef, twice baked potatoes, asparagus and baked beans.   I'm thinking more and more about how to become a locavore, without going broke.  I'm working on testing the waters this summer, growing my own beans, potatoes, corn, etc.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm reading more and more about how people prefer to preserve food by freezing than canning.  But I don't know if I want to part with the tradition of canning.  I really enjoy it.  But I have to acknowledge that more of the nutrients are preserved with freezing than with canning. Anyway, it's late, so I guess I'll give up pondering that one for now.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment