Saturday, June 12, 2010

Strawberry Hunting

Today was beautiful and fabulous!  Jason and I went to Silverton last night for dinner and an overnight stay at the Oregon Gardens. It was a spur of the moment trip, but well worth the time.

We came back early this morning after a short jaunt to the Oregon City Farmer's market for bread, lettuce and cod.  I know, sounds like a weird combination, but I'm sure it will come together.  :)

Jason made strawberry lemonade and Kelly made spinach cakes for lunch. It was quite decadent; perfect for a sunny day.   Better known in my circle as "awesome!".  
So, today was a day of great accomplishments...Including planting our cane berries...
a nap for Jason and a tanning session for Kelly and I, and a visit with some of my favorite people... My sister-in-law Christine and brother-in-law Mike...
Especially, a visit with some of my favorite short people, their boys, Chase and Derek...
  And they went strawberry hunting...
Look at the big treat we found in the raised bed.  It's not quite ready, and this picture isn't really even showing  how big it is, but it's ginormous and I can't wait to taste it!  
Then there was the visit with the goats.  They're always so curious about the kids, as are the kids about them. 
And of course... a much requested ride with Aunt Debbie on the tractor.  I think it's a toss up as far as who enjoys it more.
All in all, today was blissful.  I hope you enjoyed the sunshine too!


No comments:

Post a Comment