Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy 4th of July - Independence Day!

Ok, I'm going to take liberties with the word independence and hopefully you'll indulge me...

Jason and I had a great Independence Day weekend.  Independence from responsibility, as we took the goats to their new "forever home"  with Ross and Julie. (More on this in a moment)... independence from the nasty "lean to" on the back of Kelly's house and independence from having to cook, as our friends Jeff and Karen had us over for dinner and fireworks.  :)

So, about the goats.  I hope this isn't too sad for you, I know I posted pictures of them from time to time.


 But I had to be honest with myself.  We really didn't have shelter for them where they needed to be... in the back pasture.  So, we were feeding them twice a day, which is really not the healthiest thing for them.  And it was a lot of work, with no benefit.  They need roughage and constant access to it at that.  So, my friend Emily's Mom and Step-dad took them.  They were happy to have them and Harold and Maude took to eating the weeds as they were supposed to right away!  Ross built a nice little shelter for them and I hear they're doing well.  :)

Also on our list this weekend was taking down the lean to on Kelly's house.  Dad called and offered to come up and help Monday so we took him up on it.

It was the most disgusting thing ever... rotting insulation and boards.
The skunk aroma that wafted out of the boards every so often, was stifling.  I have to think that Kelly's house is going to smell so much better, just with that simple change!

Anyway, here's to a clean slate!  Hope you've had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment