Saturday, July 24, 2010

Another Great Visit

This weekend is off to a great start.  We had dinner w/ Patti and Ken and showed them around the garden Friday night.  Patti made a wonderful dinner of Tilapia, mango salad and yams.



Today we went to breakfast at Mother's downtown with Travis and Sarah and the boys.  I had the BEST biscuits and gravy and I even mooched a piece of crunchy French toast from Ry.  It was sooo good.  Then we went to the BrewFest and Saturday market with Travis and Sarah and the boys. Sarah and I took the boys to Saturday Market while the (big) boys were at the BrewFest.  We had a great time.  The boys had snow cones, then played in the fountain for a little bit.  It was so hot it was a pleasure to cool my feet off in the water for awhile.  It was 95 degrees, so we were zapped by the time we got done this afternoon.  Jason and I came home and crashed for a couple of hours.

Then tonight we had another fabulous dinner w/ Patti and Ken!  Beef tenderloin, with fresh peas (from the garden)


 with bacon, swiss chard w/ onions and cannelini beans, and marinated cucumber and tomato salad.  I'm only going into so much detail because I don't think I've ever had such healthy food and enjoyed it so much.  Usually when I like something that much I feel guilty about it! :)  Not this time, I went back for more and didn't think a thing of it.  :)  Jason also made some peach ice cream with the Sweet Sue peaches they brought me from Dallas.  That was delicious too!

Hope you're having a great weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment