Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Snowy Surprise!

We had a wonderful surprise this afternoon, 3 inches of snow.  I love the crunch of fresh snow under my boots and the glow of Christmas lights over the snow.  What a nice change of pace!  It took me a little less than two hours to get home, but that provided time to talk to my hubby, catch up with a friend and talk to mom.  There are worse ways to spend a couple of hours.

The chickens don't seem to be affected by the weather though.  My little overachievers are at it again.  Check out this egg...


I can't help but feel a little sympathy for my poor little chicken.    The crazy thing is, I got two of these this week!  I'm not really sure what's going on, but they're all still walking, so I guess there's no harm done.

That's all for now.  Hope you have a wonderful week, no matter what the weather brings!

2 comments:

  1. Way to have a positive attitude about the commute! That's quite the egg! We got a two-yolker from the batch you sent last. The boys thought that was pretty cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I don't know how I managed; I've lost patience over a 20 minute commute before.

    That's cool, I'm glad the boys got to see a double yolker! Jason actually made a deviled egg w/ a double yolker recently. Pretty funny looking!

    ReplyDelete