Sunday, December 20, 2009

Time Well Wasted






Today was one of those days I dream about....  going to my favorite antique stores, hanging out with my mother-in-law



(yes, I got VERY lucky in the in-law department), finding the perfect new "old world" Santa to add to my collection, having a nice dinner with my in-laws, decorating our Christmas tree





 and enjoying a good movie.  Oh and BONUS!!!  I even got to make popcorn, well it was supposed to be popcorn balls, but it turned out to be cararmel corn, you know, the kind that makes you afraid it's going to pull out your fillings.



 Jason's mom had been talking about how Chuck's mom used to make the best popcorn balls.  And I thought, this is perfect, I love traditions!  So we tried our hand at it.  We both decided we'll try the marshmallow popcorn ball recipe next time.  Still, it was nice to do a little "baking" with her.

Meanwhile the boys went to Costco, watched movies and played video games.  So we each enjoyed the day in our own way.   :)

In the midst of all of that, we actually made it in and out of the mall (the last weekend before Christmas) in one piece (an hour and 15 mins to get less than a quarter of a mile, but in one piece nevertheless)  AND, I actually managed to get my oil changed and get out of Jiffy Lube for only $19.99.  That, I consider a true accomplishment.  :)

If I don't have time to blog before Christmas, I wish you and yours a wonderful holiday, filled with laughter, the sights, smells and sounds of Christmas, oh yes, and lots of "time well wasted".

No comments:

Post a Comment