Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Brrrr....

So, I learned tonight that eggs split when they freeze.  Check it out...


So, this morning I woke up to "honey, we're going to have to put a space heater in the pump house.  It's frozen; so there's no water."  So Jason barely got through his shower and the water ran out.  We must have had water in the holding tank, so there was enough for his shower.  Luckily I have showers at work, so I had somewhere to go.

That wasn't the only setback though, when I went out to the barn, we lost a blue andalusian hen.  Such a bummer, poor thing.  I don't think it was because of the temperature though, there must have been something else going on.  I'm just sad to lose one.

Then there was water for the cows... That was frozen too of course, so I had to break the ice and then poured a bottle of Sierra Springs water in for them.  I know that's crazy, but I felt like it had to have some warmer water or it would freeze again right away.  So, we have some very spoiled cows.  I feel so bad for them when it's so cold outside.
Hope you're keeping warm.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment