Monday, May 30, 2011

One section at a time...

I'm gradually taking my garden back... very, very slowly, from the 3 foot high grass hay that dominates it.  We in the northwet (intentional typo) have the unique challenge of our grass getting out of control (especially if the previous property owner planted grass hay everywhere) before it's dry enough to mow.   So, before you know it, my grass is 4 feet tall and far too wet and unmanageable to mow.  I'm working on it though, and gradually, I'm taking my garden back...  one section at a time.  My next experiment is to mow the grass very short, cover with 10 layers of news paper and then mulch.  It should be interesting... stay tuned.

Check out the little helper I found in my garden today.  Too bad they don't eat more.  I heard him nibbling and decided to settle down on the ground for the view from his angle.  He's sooo cute!  I'm glad my cats were nowhere to be found.  
Here's hoping you find some delightful little surprises in your garden too!

No comments:

Post a Comment